Wish List

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I want this recipe book! It was published by the Peoples Potato Project Collective. People's Potato offers free vegan meals to Concordia students five days a week. If you are a student at Concordia and have not yet tried the food...you should go. Right. Now. So delicious!



One day I was in line for Peoples Potato and there was a girl holding a Slingshot Daily Planner. I almost flipped! I have wanted one of these since the summer of 2006.

"Where did you get that!?" I asked!
Like a beacon of hope that she is, she told me: "I got this at the Anarchist Book Store on St. Laurent, but Le Frigo Vert sold them in September."
Whooo!!
So what makes this planner so special? Wellll, it has the basic elements of a student planner but it also includes a contact list of radical groups around the globe, a menstrual calendar, cool art, info on police repression, popular activist and alternative cultural holidays and so much more! And its printed with sustainable paper and ink.

The last thing on my wishlist is:


This Otesha book is like a bible for activists and environmentalists. (Maybe bible isn't the right word.) Anyways! I read it in the summer while I was in B.C. and I would really like to own a copy, read it a million times and then lend it to my friends.
I know that I can often be a stupid consumer but I want to start looking for ways to live a more sustainable, alternative and happy life! But I can still love shoes and pretty dresses, right?

0 comments:


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP