Grace Under Fire

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

DSC_1947

DSC_1941

DSC_1958

DSC_1954

DSC_1973

DSC_1983

DSC_1989

The last few weeks, have been stressful to say the least, and I've been the furthest thing from grace under fire. Yesterday was just too much I was a sensitive sally all day. A low point: sitting on a wet park bench eating a bag of french fries, waiting for the bus to take me to school with my paper and zine only half done, and crying. Another: standing in front of a photocopier trying to figure out how to print my zine double sided and asking the machine, "Why?" Also crying. Or when I realized I had french fry grease all over my paper and well, I didn't cry that time but it was a close call.

But there have been moments when I've been able to step out of the grind and just enjoy. Like the pictures above where I ran into my friend Adey on the first day of the Vintage Pop Sale (its still on till the 9th). I got the straw purse at the pop sale, and everything else I'm wearing was thrifted in Montreal. I have one six page to write and hand in on thursday but after everything, it will be a breeze. And then I'm done school! Forever! And it will be summer. Four months that I plan to spend relaxing. Stress? What's that? Sangrias on the patio? Oh yes, yes, this I can comprehend.

13 comments:

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

French fries and crying ALWAYS go hand in hand, but so do french fries and having fun. I really hope you've got everything figured out and you aren't still stressed. I've missed your posts!
Loving that white outfit, very hopeful and springy

GORILLA GIRL said...

oh i only know the feeling too well:( cannot wait for the optimism of Summer also! the skirt you are wearing is beautiful x

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Welcome back, Jenny! I missed you loads (in fact was just sniffing around your blog earlier today wondering what was up). You look gorgeous in all those pictures, and the past few weeks have definitely seen me dissolve into tears a few times too.

Also, the white outfit is amazing. If I had your hair and figure I'd be out buying copycat items before I finished typing this comment...

Amber said...

hope you are feeling better now. You look lovely in this outfit, its so breezy and pretty

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

relaxed months of summer are almost here, just hold tight for a little longer. sorry about the unbearable stress. you look so lovely in all white.

Kirstin said...

That pleated skirt is amazing! Hope you are less stressed now!

Georgia Rose said...

Oh damn, I know how those weeks feel. Rest assured that your beauty and amazing outfit inspire me endlessly! I am jealous that you're going into summer, winter is hitting here and I am feeling sadder already.

Aya said...

The skirt color looks so good on you! I love it! xoxo

http://fatal-fashion.blogspot.com

Lesley said...

yay you updated! :)

that creamy dress looks fantastic with your red hair! so pretty!!

Fleur-de-Lis said...

I hope you have a better day tomorow..
You look stunning and I truly love your new blog header :)

Monique said...

Sorry to hear it's been stressful the light seems at the end of the tunnel seems all too clear hang in their lady. Summer and the end of the school year is around the corner!

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

awe...I'm sorry that lifes being rough:( I'm glad that you ran into a friend to brighten up your day though:) the pictures are lovely.

Nnenna said...

Ahh- I know the feeling! I can't wait to be done too!! Also, I love your skirt and the straw purse you thrifted :)

star-crossed smile


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP