I Could Have Danced All Night

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Picture 15

Picture 13

Picture 12

Picture 17

(Photos by Dan Haber for the website)

Because of your nice comments welcoming me back, I thought it would be nice to show you where I've been! I mentioned a little while ago that I got a job as a line cook at Pizzeria Magpie and since then my life has changed in so many ways. For instance, looking stylish is near impossible most of the time. I've traded painted nails for burnt, scabbed kitchen hands. High heels for ten dollar Pro Keds. And since my shifts go way past midnight, I find myself at every party or bar in my work clothes still, which I hate but am getting used to.

And I've been learning so much about myself through the kitchen. At university, I was in my comfort zone all the time, and now I'm constantly pushing my boundaries further, and its uncomfortable and exhausting but great too. And I'll never see busy restaurants the same way again. I'm obsessed with them. I peer into every window and try and get a look at the cooks, the dishwasher, the servers, the people eating, what their eating - its a fascinating show.

12 comments:

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

It looks like you get to prepare some really yummy food anyway! And yeah, I used to work in a deli, and went to every party smelling like salami. Whatever. ; )

cléo s.p said...

hey! i loved reading this. I just started waitressing at a very busy restaurant/bar on campus and i totally know how you feel! it's hard to care about looks when you can't even remember your own name cause you have like 6 tables of 10ppl waiting on you. bah! so much fun though. xx

Stéphanie Bingham said...

You're amazing Jenny and you make everyone you work with so happy! Last night at staff meal, we talked about how great and good-vibes you are!!!

daisychain said...

What lovely photos! xo

Miss Miranda said...

That food looks fabulous! Yummm.

Jenny Morris said...

aw thank you so much for the comment stephanie!! i feel the exact same way about you :)

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

loooks very yummy! who would know the immense work that goes into these perfectly made dishes.

Monique said...

Glad you're enjoying it. The food looks amazing. It must be great to be able to push yourself in a a whole new way.

Unknown said...

Wow, being a line cook is one of the most intense jobs ever! I don't think I could do it. Kudos to you for really taking the plunge! That food looks delicous :DDDD

xoxo

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

That food looks incredibly delicious. I have never worked in restaurants but I can understand why you feel so interested since you're a part of that world. Glad you are doing well!

ximie said...

looks yummy! i love your blog and style. adorable. you got yourself a new follower! :D
xox

Lydia Armstrong said...

This looks deeelicioussss!!! OMG I want to eat this!


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP