Happy Sad Movies and Yuli

Saturday, July 2, 2011

pals!

Admiring Emilias autoharp skills
WIne legs and lips
My convincing and well captured cartwheel


Yuli Sato took these pictures while we were all sitting in the park drinking wine. I’ve admired her photos from afar for the past year (you should check them out) and I adore these candid shots she captured! I took them all from her blog!! I will be creating my own content soon I promise!

I watched the most incredible film, “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly” about Jean Dominique Bauby, the French editor of Elle, who had a rare stroke which paralyzed him almost totally except for the ability to blink with his right eye. Which is what he used to communicate - and write a memoir, letter by letter.

Here are some stills

Picture 6

Picture 9

Picture 7

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like an amazing time!
xoxo

dahhlayne said...

I love the vintage look of these photos! Great share! :)

forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

She really has perfectly captured the feeling of a picnic.. I love those candid shots! I haven't seen that film; I think The Sea Inside kind of maxed out my people-unable-to-move capabalities!

X said...

Great pics...loving the retro feel.

www.theheadlessmannequin.blogspot.com

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

the pictures are so honest and real moments. they have that vintagey feel to them. what a heartwrenching movie, will check it up sometime.

Monique said...

These photos are lovely. I saw the diving bell and the butterfly in theaters a while back...def a sad film. well shot and heartfel

Sandy Joe said...

I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog, what dreamy photographs!

x The Pretty Secrets

Lesley said...

aw, this looks a lot like my summer. wine and bicycles seem to go hand in hand this time of year... :)

sorry i've been such a lame blogger lately. i'm back :)

Photography said...

If this was facebook, i would have liked it now ♥


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP