I love dogs more than the mom in Juno

Saturday, May 31, 2008


I'm reading this book right now. It's about a dog from the owners point of view. It doesn't sound like much, I know. But the writer, J.R. Ackerley is brilliant. Its one of the best books I've ever read. Ackerley describes Tulip, with loving and poignant detail and finds humor in all the right places. While describing the way she 'marks her territory' he writes, "The expression on her face is business-like, as though she were signing a check."
Amazing. I think this is the kind of book that you can either love or loathe. But I have a soft spot for dogs. I've had cats all my life and I'm not crazy about them. I was hoping that my parents would not bring any more cats into the house so that one day we could have a dog.

But my kitten has been growing on me this week:

Until she farted on me...

0 comments:


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP