Holy Kn*t!

Saturday, January 15, 2011














It's not every day I see a fabulously dressed girl and the first thing I think is "Wow, that girls got great knits." (hehe) But its been happening a lot lately on the web, all thanks to Tara-Lynn, the Canadian knitter behind the etsy shop Yarn Over Movement and Rachael from the etsy shop Softspoken. I want to wrap myself in all of their creations!

Izzy from La Vie C'est Yeye is in the last picture and I had the pleasure of hanging out with her today to take some shots for her Etsy Shop. It was so much fun! Pics are up on her blog so hop on over and see for yourself!


*All photos are Yarn Over Movement knits from Tara Lynn's blog Stay Fancy Free EXCEPT for the first picture which was modeled by Dear Beatrice and made by Softspoken! The bloggers modeling the knits are Dear Beatrice The Clothes Horse Hannah and Landon Calivintage Clever Nettle Lay Me In Some Tall Grass; Let Me Do My Thing And La Vie C'est Yeye

20 comments:

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Gotta love those hand made Canadian knits! I just posted our photos on my blog, I will email you now!

xo

-Izzy

softspoken said...

aww, thanks for the mention! i love tara-lynn and her work, too - and all these gals are just amazing of course <3

Aya said...

I love all the photographs, and you're right you don't see many great knits these days!

Claire Nouveau said...

love these. i want an ascot cowl so badly these days!! <3

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Loved your photoshoot over at Yeye, my dear! And I do love those knits. Particularly coveting a shawl of sorts that I've seen at the Yarn over movement shop!

A Little Brighter said...

Oh they are all so beautiful right! I have many of these pictured saved too. There is nothing like a good knit! (except hopefully acrylic... i'm allergic)

Ayesha x

Amber said...

love her handmade knits..I need to get one of my very own. The photos on her blog are wonderful, you are a lucky (and lovely) lady :)

Lesley said...

mmm they are all so snuggle-y. love.

tara-lynn / good night, day said...

thanks so much for the mention in this post, it's wonderful to receive some Canadian support of course!

Tess said...

beautiful post! I love these scarves! Thanks for your comment! I'm now following!

xxo Tess S
CESTDEMODE.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I've bought from both ladies and love their handmade goodies! I can't get enough, I want more!
also, love the clever title of this post ^,~

Unknown said...

I love the bows made oout of yarn- beautiful! Great photos- full of life ane energy!

Meggstatus said...

I love chunky knits, especially is all of those fun bright colors!

laura said...

i've known tara-lynn's shop for a while and i absolutely love it. she makes the most wonderful things!

Anonymous said...

Yep, these bloggers definitely know how to dress. Especially Rebecca from The Clothes Horse, I love her!

Whose your favourite blogger?

Thanks for commenting on my blog :).

My CoCoon Vintage said...

Totally agree knits are very attractive. I just got a formal knitting lesson from my partner's gran.... although by the time I get a hold of it, it will be time for summer dresses!

Nnenna said...

Love the knits featured in this post and love that this is a post about knits! haha :D

Raez said...

so cute! i love me some great knits:)

xx raez

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

when i see great layered knits I have those moments too. I've recently tried mmy hand at knitting too- along but relaxing hobby


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP