ROCK CAMP FOR GIRLS

Tuesday, August 25, 2009




DSC03049
(blazer, corsette, belt: Buy the Pound. skirt: American Apparel. shoes: Liz Claiborne from Winners (sale rack!) sunglasses: Ray Ban. Have had them for years, but finally got them repaired. liptick: Nars "Heat Wave")
DSC03051

I want to tell you about Rock Camp. But I don't know where to begin, or how to do it justice. The experience was so wonderful. On the bus home, it hit me that I was in the midst of something really spectacular. The women who run the camp quickly became role models for me and I haven't looked up to many adults in a long time. The girls at the camp were incredible - constantly taking risks, learning new things, sharing, growing, communicating. They were also just so cool. When the four bands performed at the end, i had tears in my eyes. I could go on forever talking about how amazing this place was!!


I've been thinking about getting a band together. If 14 year olds can write amazing songs, learn new instruments, and perform them at the end of it...maybe I can too!

0 comments:


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP