DIY Designer: Kate Sylvester

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I want my blog to be about fashion (real fashion, not just Jenny fashion) but I think its boring and isolating to post photo after photo of beautiful gaunt models on the catwalk or in a fashion spread. This is fashion made me funky, not fashion made them funky haha.

So, lets begin with my spin on Kate Sylvestors collection from this past spring.

Picture 4
The photo above is my inspiration (found on Fashion Review), but to get a whole feel for this breezy sweet collection, I highly recommend watching the fashion show

Kate Sylvester SS 2010/2011 from Wayne Conway on Vimeo.

. How sweet is the music? And the collection! I'm going to my first fashion show tomorrow night, affiliated with Pop Montreal. If you are in Montreal COME, We will have a time and a half.

DSC_0246

DSC_0217

The bow on my neck was made out on a thin cotton twin bed-sheet. I used a generous amount of fabric - about the length of my body to my neck, and almost as wide as me. My makeup is pinker and softer than normal. I used Rimmel "In Vogue" lipstick on my lips and cheeks. Damn I forgot to wear mascara. Next time.

Kate Sylvestor Collage

zara pants
I kept the tag on because I plan to return these pants. They were 67 dollars from Zara and I feel like I will stumble upon a similar color of trousers at a thrift store - or at least I will try! The pants came with the belt, which I folded the way Kate does (were on a first name basis now). Then I attached a gold chain I had lying around with elastic bands. And socks and sandals to complete the look!

Youtube video to accompany post: VCR by the XX playing over a Chloé catwalk promo.

3 comments:

Lee Jones said...

this outfit is rockin
love the bow : )

Jenny Morris said...

Shit thanks! I heart the Fashion Press :)

ANIK said...

Love love love the yellow bow!!
Thanks for stoping by my blog! I'll probably put your picture up next week! Thanks for letting me take your picture, your outfit rocked!

www.montrealinstyle.com


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP