Expozine!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

DSC_0806

DSC_0823

DSC_0824

At this years zine festival in Montreal, I tabled for Lickety Split, a sex positive smut zine that I'm involved in. We were placed beside WORN Fashion Journal and I got the chance to check out the new issue (which is AMAZING!), make some friends, chat with old ones and people watch everyone packed into the basement of a church, wide eyed, overwhelmed and buzzing at all the amazing zines and artwork on display.

ALSO: wish me luck, I'm submitting to Tavi and Jane Pratts new magazine! You can read the submission call HERE on The Style Rookie.

DSC_0811

Picture 34

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

this looks like my kind of event! i love flicking through old magazines (:

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

OneCraftyFox said...

OMGawd, this looks like so much fun!!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Sigh, Montreal always has all the coolest stuff in Canada. I remembered that you blogged for a smut magazine, most cool. Why was I never more proactive when I was in University? Good luck with your other sample.

Unknown said...

I want a copy! For reals. I'll put it in my university's sexual health peer resource center where I'm a staffer! I'm thinking of submitting to their new magazine, too... I'm not sure what to submit though! I'm kind of feeling photos or maybe a sex-positive take on this whole virginity Thing in US culture.

xoxo
Sophi

Lost and Found art/vintage/kitsch said...

Holy Zine Scene! Really liking your blog! let's continue seeing each other :)

Anonymous said...

thanks! I really like your style and I also " love Jessica and her daily affirmation"

Yonder said...

So bummed I missed Expozine this time 'round. Hope you had a blast! XOXO
Megon

http://restlessheartsyonder.blogspot.com

ashley mcconnell said...

cool! I've been subscribing to lickety split magazine for a while now.

x

daretounravel.blogspot.com

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes said...

Looks like a great event! As much as I love blogs, I am a big fan of the printed word and get so excited by magazines. There's nothing like having the physical hard copy to flip through and I hope that it's a medium we can keep alive for future generations. Also love DIY zines! Always very inspiring.

Good look with the writing submission! I can't wait to hear more about the new mag.

Angelica Ng said...

Wow! I love that white top!

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP