Smart Design

Sunday, December 5, 2010

This morning I went out for breakfast and then dropped by Smart Design, a spacious craft and design fair, with a lot of stunning vintage for sale. I feel both at home and incredibly excited in these kinds of spacesI My favorite part about today was running into other bloggers and vintage craft vixens in Montreal who have come to know me through this blog.

DSC_1265

Picture 168

I stopped by Lara's table to say hi and tried on a scarf I'd seen on her etsy shop Lalouka.

DSC_1253

Near the end of my visit I said hello to Sam from the Pin Pals. I met her at Puces Pop and it was really nice that she recognized me :) I'm finding more and more that the crafty girls in Montreal are incredibly warm and supportive.

DSC_1266

Possibly my favorite run in of the day was seeing Izzy from La Vie C'est Yeye. We've been into each others blogs for a few months and met for the first time today - our eyes lit up when we saw one another!

DSC_1268
DSC_1270

OH and I tried a red velvet cupcake for the first time...its made with beets, chocolate, vanilla and magic.

Izzy - YeYe Style Blog
Sam - The Pin Pals
Lara - Prim and Proper
Amelia - Million Dollar Swim
The Cupcakes - Simple Sweet

(And I have other craft fair posts here and here.)

19 comments:

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

red velvet cupcakes are delicious! And I'm kind of jealous of all the Canadian blogger action I'm missing out on. One day I'm going to drop from the sky and visit you guys!

P.S. I'm kind of confused with your blog. On bloglovin it showed a picture of a girl wearing earmuffs as the thumbnail to this post, which isn't in this post, and there was another post which I couldn't access at all... something about a funny story and Hannah and Landon. It doesn't seem to exist any more? ??
(I kind of want to know the story) ; )

Unknown said...

I love these photos and yumm to the Red Velvet Cupcakes! We're having an Ottawa fashion blogger get together this week- can't wait!

xo Emily

the ineffable soul said...

cute outfit and it must of been fab to meet other bloggers in the flesh! the cupcakes look good too :) x

Unknown said...

I love the way you wore that lace top over the button up! It sounds really wonderful to meet all your fellow Montreal crafters/bloggers. That's awesome they recognized you, too :)

xoxo
Sophi

Anonymous said...

ah I've just found your blog! I love your style, and you're such a beautiful girl :0 I'm a follower ;)

htt://thestylevoyager.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

oh i love your shirt!!! it looks so cute over the button up!! and that must have been so awesome to meet other bloggers in real life!!

Meg said...

I like your hair a lot! what do you sell at the craft shows?

Unknown said...

amazing!
i just bumped into your blog! love it!

xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Lydia said...

That blouse you have over is sooo cute! This looks like a very fun event, I wish I was in Montreal to see all the goods!

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Stéphane likes the picture you took of me :) I am really looking forward to this future collaboration in January :)

xo

-Izzy

:)

thegreenpoet said...

LOVE your blog!
please visit my blog and you may win a GIVEAWAY!
TheGreenPoet

http://everydaygiveaway.blogspot.com/

Sanny said...

Everything looks super good! And you girls are all so pretty and inspiring! And also those craft pieces are all so precious.

Have a sparkling day! (:

Sanny's Head to Heart

Lourdes said...

you look fantastic! That's so awesome that you ran into all of these people and that everyone was so friendly! Glad you had a great day and yum...those cupcakes look delicious!

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

Aw I want to go to this!! I need to find some craft fairs ASAP.

Annnd thanks for letting me know about Fashion Forestry--how awesome :D

oooh and I added you to my links, I feel like such a doof for not noticing I was on yours!

xx
MILK TEETHS

Brittney said...

The scarf is gorgeous! I love the red dress on the dress form as well. ;)

K A T H L E E N said...

i love vintage and your style! so glad i found another canadian blogger!

Rajnai Rebeka said...

Hey-Hey! I've just came across with you blog, I really like it, and have to tell you that I fell in love with your style, and your beautiful red hair...awww.... :)


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP