The Color Purple

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I went shopping yesterday because my wardrobe is seriously lacking in the color purple. And today is the national day to wear purple and commemorate the eleven people who have committed suicide this year due to homophobia and oppression in their homes and institutions. The color purple was chosen because on the flag this color stands for Spirit.

Photobucket
Picture found on the Fashion Pirates.

Rest in Peace Tyler Clementi, Seth Walsh, Justin Aaberg, Raymond Chase, Asher Brown, Cody J. Barker, Harrison Chase Brown, Caleb Nolt, Billy Lucas, Jeanine Blanchette, and Chantal Dube

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wearing all vintage...I shortened the skirt last night while watching sex and the city and made the bow out of the extra fabric (I used THIS tutorial on YouTube.) Its not perfect but I find it charming and better that way.

Photobucket

I wrote a post about this on Lickity Splits website, which is a zine that promotes positive pan-sexual expression. For more information and for videos go to my post HERE.

5 comments:

Catita said...

woow you are so talented Jenie! Plus your eye color is so amazing!
Pretty girl ;)
Catita

Fleur-de-Lis said...

First, I think it's very symbolic and important to do these kind of actions to honor those people.
2nd, I love what you did with the skirt! And you look adorable in that outfit :)

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

I wen't out today and it was amazing to see how many people were wearing purple <3

xx
MILK TEETHS

Sarah said...

I love this look and I love the message that some with. It is very important! Such a great idea.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Looking lovely for a good cause...
What do you study, by the way?


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP